cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serveral Cisco works processes not starting

rmweaver
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting these messages are a number of process when I stop and start ciscoworks in a popup window.

'dbmonitor.exe - application error

Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click ok to terminate the application.

Anyone have an idea the source (or area) or a direction as to what the problem is .

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

What version of CiscoWorks do you have installed?

What is the startup for the CiscoWorks services set to (manual? automatic?)

It appears that they are all set to automatic. Except for some reason the Ani database one.

These messages seem to occur both when I do a server reload and if I stop and start a service for example DIServe

Looking in the event log I'm getting it on dsserver.exe, avloader.exe, disserver.exe, brstart.exe and dbmonitor.exe.

Software versions

CiscoWorks Common Services with SP2 2.2

Campus Manager 3.3

Device Fault Manager 1.2

Device Fault Manager Incremental Device Update 1.2

Resource Manager Essentials 3.5

Resource Manager Essentials Incremental Device Support 3.5

This could be the problem. Only the CiscoWorks daemon manager should be set to Manual. All other Services starting with the word "CiscoWorks" should be set to Manual. Once that is done, try rebooting one more time.

If what your saying is CiscoWorks daemon manager should be automatic and all others that begin with Ciscoworks manual. I set them like that but it didn't correct the problem. I have a tac case open maybe they can figure it out.

Hi,

I am seeing similar problem in my customer's LMS 2.5 (solaris). Please post the solution if any.

Thanks,