cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup Approver List in LMS 3.1

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, Has anyone setup approval feature in LMS3.1. I want it to setup for my customer. Customer wants that helpdesk will create a job and then it should come to Network Manager for approval and without approval job should not be executed.

Can anyone explain me how does it work and what is the requirement to achieve this and what are the step involve in it.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Help desk users typically don't create jobs.  This task usually falls to Network Operators.  They would create a job, then before the job could run, it would require approval from someone on the approval list.  That approver need not have any other access to LMS except to approve jobs (i.e. they would only be given the Approver role).  If the job is not approved by the time it is scheduled to run, then it will be canceled.

To setup an approver list, you need to first add users to LMS with the Approver role.  Then go to RME > Admin > Approval > Create/Edit Approver Lists, and create a list.  You can assign an approver list to a various job-based task under the Assign Approver Lists TOC task.  Finally, go to Approval Policies to enable the approver feature for a given job-based task.

I highly recommend you first review the context sensitive online help in RME so that you fully understand the flow of maker (the job creator) and checker (the job approver).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: