Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Shut down and decommission CiscoWorks

We have moved to another management product and want to shut off LMS and VMS, but retain ACS. CiscoWorks is an inherited product, unused by the current team (other than ACS), and I want to make sure to cover any gotchas. Any suggestions as to the process? Or maybe some white papers or links?

By the way, the versions are old enough to be out of support I believe, so no TAC on this one.

Thanx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Are you running ACS on the

Are you running ACS on the same server as CiscoWorks was running on? Not criticial but if not, you could simply search all your configs for the address of the server and just delete those lines.

Generally speaking there are usually 2-3 places in a device config that are tied to CiscoWorks (or LMS or Prime Infrastructure) - 1.as a defined syslog server 2. as a defined snmp trap receiver 3. as an authorized snmp poller (many shops don't lock that down so this may not apply to you). So a good decommission would remove all those bits.

Other than that, on the server side just uninstall the software.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Are you running ACS on the

Are you running ACS on the same server as CiscoWorks was running on? Not criticial but if not, you could simply search all your configs for the address of the server and just delete those lines.

Generally speaking there are usually 2-3 places in a device config that are tied to CiscoWorks (or LMS or Prime Infrastructure) - 1.as a defined syslog server 2. as a defined snmp trap receiver 3. as an authorized snmp poller (many shops don't lock that down so this may not apply to you). So a good decommission would remove all those bits.

Other than that, on the server side just uninstall the software.

Thanx Marvin. LMS, VMS and

Thanx Marvin. LMS, VMS and ACS are all separate servers -- hardware and software. So it sounds like if I remove references on devices and shut down the hardware servers I am good to go.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content