cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slowness in CM LMS2.6

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

I have slowness in Campus manager 4.06 that happened when I open Topology services and click on the Topology Group. It takes approx. 2 min to open

Note: the problem was with LMS2.5 also

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Two minutes is not necessarily a long time for Topology Services to launch. This is a Java applet application, and it must first initialize the Java Plug-in. Once Topology Services has been launched, close it, but keep your browser open. Now relaunch Topology Services. How long does it take to come up?

the Slowness is with the Topology Group that inside the toplogy services,

I assume you mean, then, that it takes two minutes to expand a topology group? If so, how many devices are in that group? Under what application is this group defined? How many groups do you have defined under this application?

Total Number of devices in CS is 3300

And only default Groups are their, I didn't create any group.

Our system is distributed in three server, CS+RME, CM, and DFM.

You did not say which group you were opening. However, what you're seeing could be due to the fact that you have a large number of devices in a distributed server environment. If you are opening an RME or CS group, the local server will make IPC calls back to the CS+RME server which adds more overhead.

If you are opening a local Campus Manager group, things that would affect that performance are server resources. For this size network, your server should have at least 4 GB of RAM, and Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or UltraSPARC III 1 GHz of faster CPU.

This is normal operation. I run an inventory of about 3500 devices on two clusters of Solaris 9 Sun 240 servers 8GB of RAM dual 1.5GHZ procs.

I was curious to see if you ever got your performance to improve, I am seeing the same issues now...?

thanks, Marcie

Given that this thread is over a year old, your issues are probably very different. You should start a new thread describing exactly what you're seeing.