Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Sniffer software for LMS 2.6

I am trying to use sniffer trace between LMS server and a Router have communication problem with Ciscoworks.Which sniffer software is working easily and efficiently. any suggestion please.my LMS is on Sun Solaris 8.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Sniffer software for LMS 2.6

Snoop works well:

# snoop -o /tmp/outfile -s 1518 tcp port 23

However, LMS comes with a sniffer built in. You can find it in Device Center > Tools > Packet Capture.

Cisco Employee

wireshark -r file.jet

There's nothing special about the .jet file.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Snoop works well:

# snoop -o /tmp/outfile -s 1518 tcp port 23

However, LMS comes with a sniffer built in. You can find it in Device Center > Tools > Packet Capture.

thank you so much. great utility!

Cisco Employee

And even though I didn't say it, Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org) can be used to analyze the sniffer files from both snoop, and the LMS built-in sniffer.

thanks J. actually i did get the sniffer file from device center try to open on Wireshark. wire shark unable to open .jet file. could you help me how i can open the .jet file on wireshark to analyze?

Cisco Employee

wireshark -r file.jet

There's nothing special about the .jet file.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content