Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP acts in LMS

ahajivandi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Because of the polling issue inside the company, we are looking for a SNMP instanse (OID) to be read from the device. That's, we want to be able to know the switch ports used the last time (time interval). Is there any possibility to get (trace) SNMP "ifLastChange" information within the CiscoWorks LMS component/functions?

I also have tried this with delivered 'snmpwalk' command, but, no ressults. Any how, we are intended to get the switch port last-time-used with the help of CiscoWorks.

Thank you in advance.

-Aryan Hajivandi

6 Replies 6

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In LMS 2.5 you can see the ifLastChange information for a port in the Detailed Device Report Last Changed Column

That is right. But, can I conclude that to get this info the device will get polled by the time of report generation? That's, once at a time of job report?

yes this correct, at the time of report generation

I have tested this on Solaris, but there is no communication (traffic) between de device and CW server. The report will taken directly from the database.

So could you tell me please, how acurate is my report on the ifLastChanges output! ?

Also, not sure why manual polling of ifLastChange is not giving you any results....this mib should be supported

Manual polling on the device via snmpwalk (from NNM) is ok. The intention is to get the values by CiscoWorks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: