Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP and MIBS

We are trying to monitor our current 1811 routers and our 3750 switches. Our SNMP Application has the ability to import MIBS. I am at a loss to figure out which mibs to import. I am trying to get the cpu usage and memory usuage of the devices, and it's proving to be very difficult. I managed to find the OID somewhere on the internet for cpu usuage as 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.56.0 and the available free memory as 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.8.0. But I am not sure if this is the same for all cisco devices? and it is not very effective to use OID's. I have imported dozens of cisco mibs, but I still can't see what I am looking for when I use the tools built in SNMP walk (but I can see the OID, but there is no description, as it is not using the correct MIB). The application I am using is netmon. Where can I find the correct information for importing the correct MIBS for what I am looking for. Thanks for your help

1 REPLY
Red

Re: SNMP and MIBS

The OIDs are the same for all IOS based devices

For additional information regarding the MIBs used to monitor CPU and Memory, visit the following SNMP Tech Tips link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/tk605/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content