Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP - ciscoPingMIBObjects

Hi, I have tested many SNMP softs and tools. Already I have compiled CISCO MIBS.

But the problem is I can't use ciscoPingMIBObjects because the remote routers c1811 reject the request. I don't know how to upload ciscoPingMIBObjects into these routers. Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SNMP - ciscoPingMIBObjects

You can't upload MIBs to routers. IOS comes precompiled with all the MIBs it will support in a given version.

Please post exactly the OIDs you are setting to use the PING-MIB, and how you're setting them.

Thank you very much Joe.

Im thinking in a way to check a remote device c1811 with two links up to central office, a main Fram-relay link (70ms delay) and a backup satelital link (800ms delay).

So i want to know when the backup is active because the main link is down.

The idea is using CISCO-PING-MIB

ciscoPingDelay

OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.16.1.1.1.7

to set a monitor parameter in my SNMP tool, for example 500ms, and compare the answer from the remote device, then i can choose diferent icons o colors to represent which link is active.

If you have any other idea it is welcome!

Great reguards

Cisco Employee

You'll need to set more than just ciscoPingDelay to create a PING-MIB operation. The following would tell device 11.1.1.1 to send five ping probes to 10.1.1.1 with a delay of 500 ms. This assumes you're using the net-snmp (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net) toolchain:

snmpset -v 1 -c private ciscoPingEntryStatus.333 i 6

snmpset -v 1 -c private 11.1.1.1 ciscoPingProtocol.333 i 1 ciscoPingAddress.333 x "0a 01 01 01" ciscoPingDelay.333 i 500 ciscoPingEntryOwner.333 s jclarke ciscoPingEntryStatus.333 i 4

Views
Helpful
Replies