cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP counters on SPA 2-port GE (SPA-2X1GE)

PerseusDK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I've got some problems with the SNMP counters and graphing these correctly.

In my 7604 router, I've got a LAN-card and a 2-port GE SPA card in a SIP400 card.

When graphing/collecting the LAN card, I have no trouble showing the right information above 114 Mbps, however when graphing/collecting the 2-port GE SPA, it seems the 64 bit counter tips over and produces a wrong graph.

The two graphs shows the LAN and the SPA interface and as shown on the SPA graph, the graph looks quite faulty.

Anyone who knows what the problem might be?

FYI I'm using Cacti for graphing the traffic loads

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do raw snmp walk outputs show at specified intervals on this card?

You'll want to verify the same problem using raw data and not just rely on the graph.

I've used a couple of different tools to gather the statistics, all showing the same result. It looks like the counter is not a 64 bit counter as expected.

To my knowledge, I'm supposed to use the OIDs ifHCInOctets and ifHCOutOctets (sorry for not being able to provide the numeric OIDs, cause the site at CCO is currently down).

With any other interface, the right values are gathered. It simply looks like the 64 bit counters acts as 32 bit counters or as if they disregard the first 114 Mbps of traffic as soon as they go above this value, such as instead of showing 120 Mbps, it only shows 120 - 114 = 6 Mbps.

I would open a TAC case and provide snmpwalks and show tech from the device. The walks will be needed at intervals for this objects to see what is happening.