cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Errors

chris.cumbaa
Level 1
Level 1

I recently performed a Compact Flash Memory upgrade on my 6509. Everything is functioning normally with the exception of SNMP. I am using MRTG to monitor the bandwidth on a few key interfaces. Since the upgrade (I upgraded the MSFC and Supervisor images, and the SP and RP ROMMON), I am getting a lot of "No such name" errors when I do a "show snmp". The SNMP configuration has remained the same, and I have even disabled and re-enabled SNMP with the same community string and settings.

My old images: c6msfc3-psv-mz.122-17d.SXB11a.bin, s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD7.bin

My upgrades: c6ksup3-rm2.srec.8.4.2, c6msfc3-rm2.srec.122-17r.S4, c6msfc3-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7.bin, s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7.bin

Has anyone else ever recieved these errors? If so, how would you fix these?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try looking at what interface indexes are.

CORE#sh snmp mib ifmib ifindex

Control Plane Interface: Ifindex = 487

EOBC0/0: Ifindex = 388

FastEthernet3/1: Ifindex = 1

FastEthernet3/10: Ifindex = 10

FastEthernet3/11: Ifindex = 11

FastEthernet3/12: Ifindex = 12

Then reference what MRTG thinks the interface index is (check your config file). What probably happened was the indexes changed (they can with new interfaces/vlans. etc) when you rebooted the switch. You can 'hardcode' the indexes by entering-

CORE#snmp-server ifindex persist

HTH and please rate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try looking at what interface indexes are.

CORE#sh snmp mib ifmib ifindex

Control Plane Interface: Ifindex = 487

EOBC0/0: Ifindex = 388

FastEthernet3/1: Ifindex = 1

FastEthernet3/10: Ifindex = 10

FastEthernet3/11: Ifindex = 11

FastEthernet3/12: Ifindex = 12

Then reference what MRTG thinks the interface index is (check your config file). What probably happened was the indexes changed (they can with new interfaces/vlans. etc) when you rebooted the switch. You can 'hardcode' the indexes by entering-

CORE#snmp-server ifindex persist

HTH and please rate.

Thanks a lot! A couple of the Ifindexes stayed the same, but the majority of them changed. I appreciate the help!

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

What MIB objects are you polling?

Could it be that the instances have changed since you reloaded?