Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP Errors

I recently performed a Compact Flash Memory upgrade on my 6509. Everything is functioning normally with the exception of SNMP. I am using MRTG to monitor the bandwidth on a few key interfaces. Since the upgrade (I upgraded the MSFC and Supervisor images, and the SP and RP ROMMON), I am getting a lot of "No such name" errors when I do a "show snmp". The SNMP configuration has remained the same, and I have even disabled and re-enabled SNMP with the same community string and settings.

My old images: c6msfc3-psv-mz.122-17d.SXB11a.bin, s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD7.bin

My upgrades: c6ksup3-rm2.srec.8.4.2, c6msfc3-rm2.srec.122-17r.S4, c6msfc3-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7.bin, s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7.bin

Has anyone else ever recieved these errors? If so, how would you fix these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SNMP Errors

Try looking at what interface indexes are.

CORE#sh snmp mib ifmib ifindex

Control Plane Interface: Ifindex = 487

EOBC0/0: Ifindex = 388

FastEthernet3/1: Ifindex = 1

FastEthernet3/10: Ifindex = 10

FastEthernet3/11: Ifindex = 11

FastEthernet3/12: Ifindex = 12

Then reference what MRTG thinks the interface index is (check your config file). What probably happened was the indexes changed (they can with new interfaces/vlans. etc) when you rebooted the switch. You can 'hardcode' the indexes by entering-

CORE#snmp-server ifindex persist

HTH and please rate.

3 REPLIES

Try looking at what interface indexes are.

CORE#sh snmp mib ifmib ifindex

Control Plane Interface: Ifindex = 487

EOBC0/0: Ifindex = 388

FastEthernet3/1: Ifindex = 1

FastEthernet3/10: Ifindex = 10

FastEthernet3/11: Ifindex = 11

FastEthernet3/12: Ifindex = 12

Then reference what MRTG thinks the interface index is (check your config file). What probably happened was the indexes changed (they can with new interfaces/vlans. etc) when you rebooted the switch. You can 'hardcode' the indexes by entering-

CORE#snmp-server ifindex persist

HTH and please rate.

Thanks a lot! A couple of the Ifindexes stayed the same, but the majority of them changed. I appreciate the help!

Red

What MIB objects are you polling?

Could it be that the instances have changed since you reloaded?

Views
Helpful
Replies