Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP for licence's information?

abhi-adte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have huge number of the Cisco devices in the network and I want to maintain the Licence information of every devices, So now I want to do something like if my device licence's is expire it should alarm on device or SNMP server.

How I can devloy this setup in the network?

Thanks and Regards,

Abhinay Adte

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the event occurs, the ASA message cited above will be automatically sent to whatever logging host you have defined on the ASA. (assuming you haven't manually unconfigured that message with "no logging message " command).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Abhinay,

I have moved this thread to the NMS community so, you could get quick response from the correct community.

-Kureli

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Almost all Cisco switches and routers do not used time-based licenses.

For those devices which do use time-based licenses (typically for subscription features), they will typically generate log messages wchich, if thus configured, will be sent to your syslog server. See, for example, this message which is generated by an ASA.

OSM I will try some think and if my project get select then I will reply u???

Also Thanks Kureli

Marvin can u help me on this in more ? this is automatic generated syslog message or need to do some more configuration for this, I have syslog message Server....

If the event occurs, the ASA message cited above will be automatically sent to whatever logging host you have defined on the ASA. (assuming you haven't manually unconfigured that message with "no logging message " command).