cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Help

rod.blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Please find a question and response I posted on the telephone netpro section. I now need a little help from you chaps in the infrastructure section.

My situation is this - I have a 2650XL VOIP router and need to monitor the DSP interfaces. Jo sent me details of a MIB that I need to complete my task.

We have Ciscoworks LMS3.0.1

I need to now how to install this mib onto my router and also I need to understand if Ciscoworks can be used to monitor the interface or do I need to do it from the command line?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Rod

HI Netpro's

I need to figure out how many of our ports are being used daily on our ISDN PRI circuit. We have 25 channels active and my company I looking to add an additional 200 staff in the coming months. I need to determine if I have enough capactiy in the PRI.

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

try this document from Cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00801abe59.shtml

Bye

Jo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HUM will be available in the downloaded LMS 3.0.1 update. You will not find it on the LMS 3.0 DVD.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the Health and Utilization Monitor add-on installed? This would be the only application within LMS into which MIBs can be loaded, and which can do this kind of polling. If you do, you can go to Admin > Load MIB, and load the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB. However, you will first need to go through the IMPORTS clause at the top of that MIB, and load all required dependencies.

Hi John,

thanks - I don't have that add-on. I will look to download it and purchase it if it's what I'm looking for.

Rod

LMS 3.0.1 includes a 90-day eval of HUM 1.0. On top of that, you should apply the 1.0.2 update from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-hum . If you like it, you can purchase a license.

Hi John

Silly question but do I need to run it from the set up cd - or as Ciscoworks is installed is there a local path that I can run it from?

Thanks

Rod

HUM will be available in the downloaded LMS 3.0.1 update. You will not find it on the LMS 3.0 DVD.