Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP: Is there any Card Description Master List

Hi,

Is there any CardDescr master list like CardType (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.11.1.2).

Regards,

Sreeni

9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SNMP: Is there any Card Description Master List

The MIBs themselves maintain the values for the various enumerations. For cardType, this can be found in the OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB which can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/ .

I am looking for Card Description which is a text field not an enumeration type.

Cisco Employee

The cardType enumeration map gives you, for example:

pos-16oc3-lr(559)

Some entries in the MIB even have comments that provide a more detailed description:

pos-16oc3-lr(559) -- GSR 16 port OC3 SM long reach POS

However, for the cardDescr object, there is no master reference of all the potential strings.

I am looking for Card Description which is a text field not an enumeration type.

Cisco Employee

And, as I said, there is not a master database of all potential cardDescr values.

the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.11.1(cardTableEntry) status says its deprecated, is there any equivalent OID for the same.

Cisco Employee

The entire OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB is deprecated. Most devices in newer versions of IOS have started supporting the ENTITY-MIB, and the various Cisco extensions to it. For the cardTable, the majority of objects have equivalents in the entPhysicalTable from the ENTITY-MIB.

Hi,

in the entity-mib, for 7206 router's card name (1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.13) is null.

Also on 12410, 12406, 12008 routers we are observing the card name (1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.13) is coming a some integer value.

is there any reason for this.

Regards,

Sreeni

Cisco Employee

Only the 7206VXRs properly support the ENTITY-MIB. So, this 7206 may require you to use the cardTable from the OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB still. I'm not certain about the GSRs. This may be a bug.

Views
Helpful
Replies