Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP MIB for VRF Lite in 3560 Switch

Hi,

I am looking for a way to pull out a list of VRF from a 3560. The ultimate goal is to read the ARP tables per VRF via SNMP but that will be my next question ;-). I have been searching around butno success so far. The writer of the MIB must have been using unituitive names or I lack imagination.

Any hint is appreciated.

Regards,

Mat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The MPLS-VPN-MIB is the MIB to use for VRF Lite (this is what our Virtual Network Manager product uses for its VRF Lite configuration).  There is no other MIB in these platforms (of which I am aware) that would provide VRF Lite capabilities.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The MIB used for this is MPLS-VPN-MIB, but this is not supported by 3560 switches in recent code.

Hi Joseph,

thanks for you reply. I saw that MIB but as the mid- to low-end switches do not support MPLS it's definitely not the MIB to look at. VRF Lite must be hidden somewhere else or might have been forgotten.

Regards,

Mat

The MPLS-VPN-MIB is the MIB to use for VRF Lite (this is what our Virtual Network Manager product uses for its VRF Lite configuration).  There is no other MIB in these platforms (of which I am aware) that would provide VRF Lite capabilities.

Bad luck for me then. And room for improvement for Cisco.I'll keep searching a bit and will update the discussion if I find something that works.

Thanks for your replies!

Cheers

Mat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: