Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID for Qos hardware counters

kthned
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I am in need to find the OID of a specific counter in the router confguration.

More specifically I wanted to know the OID of hardware counter of all exceeded packets from my QoS policy. I have beed to cisco navigator without help

Please help. Thanks !

Regards,

Umair

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Umair,
what is the equivalent "show" command with the output that you are looking for.

In the mean time,  you can try this:

ObjectcbQosCMPrePolicyPkt
OID1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.2
ObjectcshcModRxTotalDroppedPackets
OID1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.663.1.2.1.1.2

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Here is the show command I am interested in.

Following output gives me all the exceed packet counter in a class undesirable.

sh policy-map control-plane INput CLass class-copp-undesirable | I exceeded

infact this can also be get from this output, values are under "AgPoliced" column.

sh platform qos ip

Thanks !

//Umair

Hi Umair,

Control plane policy-map Counters polled by snmp mib is the software counters. Control-plane is a HW  + SW feature.   Packet will first go through HW and then if need be, through SW as well.  For some of the classification, HW support is not there.  In such cases, we do only SW CoPP.

Now in our case Since HW+SW counters are there then packet going to hw will hit rp and then go to software module so we have to poll cbQosCMPrePolicyBitRate not cbQosCMPostPolicyBitRate

Object     cbQosCMPrePolicyBitRate

OID     1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.7

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Actually I am interested on packet counter not the bitrate because the policies are created to allow certain packet range.

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.166.1.15.1.1.13 = No Such Instance currently exists at this OID

I think you are right that the hardware counter is not supported. I have done a vigorous snmpwalk and dint find the counter using linux grep function.