Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID on Catalyst 3750G & 3650G

Catalina001
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo guys,

we have a couple of 3750Gs and sveral 3650Gs in my company lan, and I'm looking for the SNMP OIDs supported with which the very basic status of these switches can be retrieved. I mean generic status like the switch is being active, or experiencing technical error etc...

I was advised to take 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.1.0 (IPForwarding), but I'm not sure if it is the right one. I'd appreciate if someone can give me a hint..

Thank you!

Li Lu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your request is pretty generic.  There are a lot of OIDs which can provide device health.  You might want to start with ifInOctets, ifOutOctets, ifInErrors, and ifOutErrors.  Those will give you per-port byte and error counts in both the ingress and egress directions.

As for whole-device help, take a look at the moduleTable from the CISCO-STACK-MIB.  The object moduleStatus will tell you the status of the fixed switch itself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your request is pretty generic.  There are a lot of OIDs which can provide device health.  You might want to start with ifInOctets, ifOutOctets, ifInErrors, and ifOutErrors.  Those will give you per-port byte and error counts in both the ingress and egress directions.

As for whole-device help, take a look at the moduleTable from the CISCO-STACK-MIB.  The object moduleStatus will tell you the status of the fixed switch itself.

Yes, what I was looking for was very generic high level status flag, and the moduleStatus you suggested serves it perfectly.

Thanks a millions Joe!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: