Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP OID on Catalyst 3750G & 3650G

Hallo guys,

we have a couple of 3750Gs and sveral 3650Gs in my company lan, and I'm looking for the SNMP OIDs supported with which the very basic status of these switches can be retrieved. I mean generic status like the switch is being active, or experiencing technical error etc...

I was advised to take 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.1.0 (IPForwarding), but I'm not sure if it is the right one. I'd appreciate if someone can give me a hint..

Thank you!

Li Lu

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: SNMP OID on Catalyst 3750G & 3650G

Your request is pretty generic.  There are a lot of OIDs which can provide device health.  You might want to start with ifInOctets, ifOutOctets, ifInErrors, and ifOutErrors.  Those will give you per-port byte and error counts in both the ingress and egress directions.

As for whole-device help, take a look at the moduleTable from the CISCO-STACK-MIB.  The object moduleStatus will tell you the status of the fixed switch itself.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Your request is pretty generic.  There are a lot of OIDs which can provide device health.  You might want to start with ifInOctets, ifOutOctets, ifInErrors, and ifOutErrors.  Those will give you per-port byte and error counts in both the ingress and egress directions.

As for whole-device help, take a look at the moduleTable from the CISCO-STACK-MIB.  The object moduleStatus will tell you the status of the fixed switch itself.

Yes, what I was looking for was very generic high level status flag, and the moduleStatus you suggested serves it perfectly.

Thanks a millions Joe!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies