cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Trap processing in CiscoWorks LMS

henniae
Level 1
Level 1

I know that DFM processes SNMP traps. Do any of the other CiscoWorks applications process SNMP traps? Specifically do RME or Campus Manager do anything with SNMP traps? Is there ANY reason to send traps to me RME or Campus Manager servers. I run each app on a dedicated servers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, DFM is the only application in LMS that receives traps. RME processes syslog messages, and Campus Manager can send discrepancies as syslog messages. There is no reason to send traps to a server with just RME or Campus installed (unless you have a third party trap receiver like HPOV NNM, net-snmp, etc.).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, DFM is the only application in LMS that receives traps. RME processes syslog messages, and Campus Manager can send discrepancies as syslog messages. There is no reason to send traps to a server with just RME or Campus installed (unless you have a third party trap receiver like HPOV NNM, net-snmp, etc.).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco