cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp trap syslog

cassinhee
Level 1
Level 1

If I apply snmp-server enable traps syslog and the trap will be sent to HP OpenView NNM server, dod I need to specify the syslog server again with the command?

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

You would need to specify the HP OV NNM's ip address in the snmp-server host command as well.

View solution in original post

As long as there is a route from the device to the new NNM server, it doesn't mater whether you have the trap-source or not.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

You would need to specify the HP OV NNM's ip address in the snmp-server host command as well.

So my configuration would be as follows for syslog traps. other snmp parameters are configured

snmp-server enable traps syslog

snmp-server host 2.2.2.2 version 2c qqq

logging history level 0

Are this all for syslog traps?

Thanks!

That should do it. To be on the safe side, you may want to do this:

snmp-server enable traps syslog

snmp-server host 2.2.2.2 version 2c qqq syslog

Thank you!

Another question is our management is migrating from one NNM server to another. after the new server fully functions, the old one will be removed. so during the migration, two NNM server will co-exist. The ip addresses of the old and new NNM server are in different subnet. The issue is on some rotuers/switches, the command of snmp-server trap-source is applied. In this case, will the traps be send to the new NNM server also, or I need to remove this command.

As long as there is a route from the device to the new NNM server, it doesn't mater whether you have the trap-source or not.

that helps! Thank you!