cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Traps & DFM 2.0.3

birengandhi
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently configured the LMS251/DFM203. We are trying to get the PageAlert notifications thru HP OV. CWK server has a "running" status for sending traps. however I haven't received any traps yet. Are the ENT MIBs changed by Cisco?

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How have you configured DFM for sending traps to HPOV? There are two ways of doing this.

I have defined it on the server as attached.

This is not trap forwarding. The traps generated here will be translations of the events you see in the Alerts and Activities Display. In DFM 1.x, these traps were defined in the DFM-MIB. In DFM 2.x, they are defined in the CISCO-EPM-NOTIFICATION-MIB. This MIB will need to be loaded in OV in order to be able to process these traps. However, even without this MIB loaded, as long as DFM is creating new events in AAD, you should see traps being sent to OV.

My Windows LMS 2.2(DFM 1.2)had

MID # 733 & the new

Solaris LMS 251(DFM 203) has new MID # 311.

Do you know if Enterprise MIB IDs have changed ?

Yes, the OIDs are completely different as the MIB branch has changed from the dfmMIB to ciscoEpmNotificationMIB.

So what do I need to install on the HP OV to accomodate this new MIBs! Pls. advise.

The CISCO-EPM-NOTIFICATION-MIB.

Thanks,

Could you send me the Link to download it for, Solaris, pls.

The MIB should be located on your CiscoWorks server under the following location:

/opt/CSCOpx/nmim/mibs

All I have is the following:Is it good enough?

ls -l

total 8

drwxr-xr-x 2 casuser casusers 512 Dec 7 14:59 adapter

drwxr-x--- 2 casuser casusers 512 Dec 7 14:59 ascript

drwxrwxr-x 2 casuser casusers 512 Dec 7 14:59 nmic

drwxrwxr-x 2 casuser casusers 512 Dec 7 14:54 nmidb

# cd nmidb

# ls -l

total 19984

-rwxr-x--- 1 casuser casusers 10221307 Dec 7 14:59 nmidb.jar

All Cisco MIBs can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/ or ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/ . The CISCO-EPM-NOTIFICATION-MIB is available at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-EPM-NOTIFICATION-MIB.my .

My DFM is extremely slow & I have observed the following as attached.

How can I get rid of the following?

Campus@Think ....

RME@Ciscoworks

What I have/running is:

@LizWorks under Link Registration.

Also for future reference, what are the CLI commands for DFM Start/Stop processes on Solaris??

Thanks,

I know DFM will process Pass-Through Traps, however is there any folder/file, Where I can view all the traps been sent.

I am using Solaris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: