cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

SNMP Views more efficient ?

Hi,

I'm reading the ifXTable with SNMP on a 7600.  If I configure a VIEW to exclude the entries I don't care about  within the

ifXTable, am I achieving any efficiencies from the routers point of view ?  In other words,  does the 7600 still build the full table only giving me what the view allows  or is the VIEW feature smarter than that ?    I wanna see if I can minimize the CPU hit when reading the

ifXTable table.

Thanks.

Matt Naismith

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

SNMP Views more efficient ?

Hi Matt,

Ceating view on any OID or MIB will exclude the MIB/OID being polled for this device by any of your monitoring tool.

Yes It will help you to cutdown the CPU utlization of the SNMP process running on the device which overall Impact the cpu utlization of the router.

I know if you have hundrends or thousands of Interface configure on the device then walking or polling IfXtable takes time to complete it which eventually increase the cpu utilzation of the SNMP process.

I recommendation is to reduce the polling frequency to have better performace of the router.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content