Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv3 DFM

Hi:

I am using SNMPv3, now I can see de devices in the topology Services, but for some reason i cant see anything in the DFM, the Status in the Device Status is Learning on all my devices, now i have configured this commands:

-snmp-server engineID local XXXXX

-snmp-server group grpo v3 noauth

-snmp-server user grpo grpo v3 auth md5 X

-snmp-server host x.x.x.x traps version 3 auth X

-snmp-server enable traps

What more commands do I need to start viewing Alerts and Events?

Regards

19 Replies 19

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you should set your group up for auth not noauth:

snmp-server grpo v3 auth

Also, make sure your user password is at least eight characters. If the device still well not go into a Known state, find out at what percentage it is hanging.

I tried with SNMPv2, i've seen that de device status continue to be in Learning, I have a DFM 2.0.7 is any bug with this version?

No, this is most likely not a bug, but a data issue. At what percentage are the devices hanging?

for begining we are just hanging 15 devices

how can i see the devices percentages?

regards

I found this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps2421/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080702be3.html#wp1254140

Part:Troubleshooting Device Import and Discovery

I followed these instructions but I'm seeing this results in the Process Report:

-ESS: Program started - No mgt msgs received

-Inventory Collector: Running normally

-TISServer: Program started - No mgt msgs received

I restarted this process, but it didn't work, the percentage of devices discovered si 0%.

Any suggest

regards

I noticed your Interactor process is down. I see no reason why this process would be down, but it would directly affect device discovery. Restart this process. If it stays up, re-add your devices. If not, then you will need to look at the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/cfi/Interactor.log for relevant errors.

I checked Interactor and I restarted it, and re-add the devices, but it didn't work, I checked the interactor log and is empty.

According to this, your DfmServer has not fully initialized. What errors are in the NMSROOT\objects\smarts\local\logs\DFM.log? Also, make sure your fully qualified hostname resolves correctly using the NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl utility:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl hostname

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl hostname.company.com

resolver.pl should return the same data for both the hostname and the fully-qualified hostname.

This is de DFM.log, i saw a lot of this messages:

CMF_ProcessManager::ProcessNextMessage() -- Non-ShutdownRequest

in the resolver.pl i just saw this arguments:

use CRM;

BEGIN {

require lib;

import lib "$ENV{'NMSROOT'}/objects/perl/install/";

}

# check for number of arguments

if ( @ARGV < 1 ) {

print "Usage : perl resolver.pl addr1 [addr2] ...\n";

exit(1);

}

$CLASSPATH = "$ENV{'NMSROOT'}/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/desktop";

#print $CLASSPATH . "\n";

my $i = 0;

my $s = "";

# construct a string of hostnames separated by space

while ( $i < @ARGV ) {

$s = $s . " " . $ARGV[$i];

$i++;

}

#execute java class file

system ( "$ENV{'NMSROOT'}/bin/cwjava -cp:p $CLASSPATH TestRes $s");

These messages are fine. DfmServer is running. However, I did not want you to send me resolver.pl. I want you to run it, and make sure your fully-qualified hostname of your server is resolvable.

How can i run it?

These are the examples I provided to you earlier. I assumed you were running on Windows, but if you're on Solaris, you do not need to run the script with Perl. These examples assume your hostname is "hostname" and your fully-qualified hostname is "hostname.company.com":

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl hostname

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl hostname.company.com

I ran these commands and those were the result:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl resolver.pl GRPO

Original name: GRPO

Hostnames/IP Addresses:

GRPO/10.40.1.57

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl resolver.pl GRPO.occ.cfemex.com

Original name: GRPO.occ.cfemex.com

Hostnames/IP Addresses:

GRPO.occ.cfemex.com/10.40.1.57

regards.

Re-add a device to DFM, then get a screenshot of the DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete screen with this device selected when it gets stuck in a learning state.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: