cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPV3 error message in RME

u346874_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am using snmpv3 and now one thing what i dont understand.

When i do in RME "check device credentials" i got error message "No access syslocation".

I read that when i "check device credentials" RME do with snmp "get syslocation and sysuptime"

and after that try to do "set syslocation"

Even when i have snmp entry like below i got error message

Setting v3 Param mode to authNoPrivquerying

sysLocationobtained sysLocation value - obtained

exception while g/setting sysLocation com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.SnmpException:

SnmpResponseNoAccess on 10.1.1.1 while performing SnmpSet at index = 0

Snmp entry is like "snmp-server group gv3 v3 auth write write1 access 10"

Any idea why that snmp set dont work even i have set access-list permit for that ip address.

Thanks

Juha

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

v1default will allow almost all read-write objects to be set. There are some that must be explicitly allowed, however.

If you search on Cisco.com for "snmp view" you will find a lot of good hits. One such document is http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094489.shtml .

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the configuration for the wrtie1 view?

Thanks for answer.

Am i missing somenthing because this is the configuration.

snmp-server group gv3 v3 auth write write1 access 10

User name: op

Engine ID: 800000090300000000001

storage-type: nonvolatile active

Authentication Protocol: SHA

Privacy Protocol: None

Group-name: gv3

Juha

You still haven't shown the configuration for the wrtie1 SNMP view. That will be critical in determining which objects can be set.

Ok. I havent done any configuration for that write1 view so it looks like i have to study little more that snmp set and it configuration. Or could you give me samle how to do that. ( i havent found the syntax how to tell switch which objects can be set)

Thanks

Juha

Don't use write1, then. Use v1default instead:

snmp-server group v3group v3 auth read v1default write v1default

Does that v1default mean that all possible variable can be set. If i want to bound that i have to tell what object. Do you have any link where is how to use those views.

Thanks

Juha

v1default will allow almost all read-write objects to be set. There are some that must be explicitly allowed, however.

If you search on Cisco.com for "snmp view" you will find a lot of good hits. One such document is http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094489.shtml .

Thank you Joe for helpful hints.

Juha