Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Software upgrade analysis fails

When I try doing a Software Upgrade Analysis (eitehr cisco.com or repository) I get a Swim5001:cannot connect to the device 10.x.x.x using TELNET error message.

I can Telnet to the device as well as the CiscoWorks NMS account.

I've had success on the same type of switch with the same IOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Software upgrade analysis fails

Dump the packet capture to a file, and open it in an application such as Wireshark (Ethereal). You can then do a Follow TCP Stream which should make the data easier to look at. Something must be failing in the authentication, or the CLI exchange.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Get a sniffer trace of telnet traffic to this device when performing the analysis, and see if anything obvious shows up when RME tries to connect to the device. This could be a problem with the DCR credentials, exhausted VTY lines, etc.

Ok, I did a packet capture from the CW's IP address to the device's IP address with our NAM 2 module. Can't say I exactly know what I'm looking for. I can tell you that it alternates between the TCP & TELNET protocols for 10.718 seconds.

I've already re-written the Device Credentials and only 1 VTY line is in use.

Cisco Employee

Dump the packet capture to a file, and open it in an application such as Wireshark (Ethereal). You can then do a Follow TCP Stream which should make the data easier to look at. Something must be failing in the authentication, or the CLI exchange.

Hhhhhmmmm....says I have a bad password.

Thanks Joe!

Views
Helpful
Replies