Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Solarwind Netflow vs Cisco Prime Netflow

Hi All,

I would like to know what is your toughts guys ; wish netflow is more efficent, I alreaady have Solarwinds netflow installed; but We recently deployed the Cisco Prime 2.0 .Should I buy more Solarwinds Netflow  LIC or  for Cisco Prime 2.0 netflow LIC...

Solarwinds is runnning now

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SolarWinds, especially with the new data store model of NTA 4.0, is generally more scalable and is more mature with respect to its raw Netflow capabilities. It's also much more multi-vendor than PI.

PI 2.0 with Assurance license is more capable in its integration of AVC and Medianet along with Netflow and deployment of configuration templates to make all that work. I believe Cisco is also currently offering a promotional discount on Assurance licensing.

So, each has its strengths (and weaknesses). Whichever you choose, I'd go with one and do it well rather than try to divide your setup across two very different platforms.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SolarWinds, especially with the new data store model of NTA 4.0, is generally more scalable and is more mature with respect to its raw Netflow capabilities. It's also much more multi-vendor than PI.

PI 2.0 with Assurance license is more capable in its integration of AVC and Medianet along with Netflow and deployment of configuration templates to make all that work. I believe Cisco is also currently offering a promotional discount on Assurance licensing.

So, each has its strengths (and weaknesses). Whichever you choose, I'd go with one and do it well rather than try to divide your setup across two very different platforms.

Thanks Marvin like always your answers are very wise....yes