Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Sonet traps on 10000

Hi,

Is there any way to generate traps for SONET alarms on the cisco ESR 10000 series router. I would not find a sonet option as with the 7500.

Thanks,

Imran

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Sonet traps on 10000

Without an exact image name, it's impossible to say for certain, but at least 12.2(31)SB2 for the c10k PRE3 does not support the CISCO-SONET-MIB which contains the SONET trap definitions.

I thought it was hardware dependent rather than software. Anywayz the IOS we plan to install is the 12.2 SB train.

Thanks

Imran.

Cisco Employee

It's hardware as well as what MIBs are supported in the IOS. While 12.2(31)SB2 does support the SONET-MIB, this MIB does not define any notifications. The CISCO-SONET-MIB is where the SONET notifications come from, and this MIB is not supported in this version of IOS.

Are there any plans to support the CISCO-SONET-MIB in 12.2 ? Can it be raised as a feature request to Cisco.

Imran.

Cisco Employee

I do not know of any plans to support this MIB on the ESR platform. However, you could certainly raise the issue with your account team.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content