cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specific MIB for collecting MAC addresses from sticky interfaces

ajmickster
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run across a MIB or a combination of MIBs that provides the MAC address that is stuck in a port on a 4500 series switch when port security has been enabled. I'm using non cisco monitoring software that enables the collection and display of the information on a web page, just need to find the right MIB. I've tried several of the most likely MIBs but they're either deprecated or don't return a value. I have run a test with standalone software from the same manufacturer that doesn't use the webpage feature and received accurate results. This makes me believe that the data collection is enabled on the switch. Thanks for any help!

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The standard BRIDGE-MIB objects should give you what you want. Specifically, the dot1dTpFdbTable should show you all MAC addresses learned on all ports (regardless of dynamic or static). Be aware that you will need to query this object using community string indexing to get the values for different VLANs. See this tech tip for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094a9b.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: