Views
Helpful
Replies

Spooky credentials change

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Gentlemen,

I have a situation on 2 CiscoWorks servers. (LMS 2.5.1 with the latest SP’s on W2k and W2k3) The later is build with a backup from the first

2 devices get their community string changed. This causes the devices to become unavailable in campus and dropping out of their customized group in DFM

It seems to be caused by the discovery but I don't have a clue how.

I noticed in a trace that the devices were polled with the public community string.

Changing it back to the official community strings in the DCR and running data collection brings the devices back as green again.

Redoing the group definition in DFM clear the errors in “alerts and activities”.

Anybody got the slightest clue on how this can happen?

I did a re-init of the ANI database but this has not resolved the problem. Any particular debug that can help here?

I will leave a capture of all snmp between CW and the offending devices running for the night.

Best regards,

Michel

2 Replies 2

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

You might want to go to device center and do a credentials check. ANI is a bit strange in that inital device discovery AND data collection have to run before a box can be "known"/

Well,

I have put the right credentials back in a couple of times now.

Something is changing them back. And then the devices become "unreachable" for campus but NOT for DFM, but their these devices are no longer in the group I created for them.

Weird it is.

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: