Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SSH issues with LMS 3.1

Hi jclarke,

Browsing through the threads I saw that a solution was posted for LMS 2.6. Looks like the issue is with the version of java. The version I've got running is 1.6.0.50 and I'm now seeing anywhere where I can type in the command with the path to the ssh client. Could you please help!

Thanks.

10 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SSH issues with LMS 3.1

You don't with Java Web Start. Instead, you need to create a campus.properties file in your home directory on your client. This file should have one line:

CMSSH=PATH_TO_SSH

Where PATH_TO_SSH is the fully-qualified path to your SSH client. For example:

CMSSH=C:\\PuTTY\PuTTY.exe

After doing this, restart your browser.

Cisco Employee

I should also add that you'll need Campus Manager 5.1.1 in order for this to work properly. CM 5.1.1 is downloadable through Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

Hi jc,

Ok now downloading 5.1.1. I have version 5.1.0 running What are the java config though?

Bevan

Cisco Employee

There is nothing that needs to be configured Java-wise. You just need to be using Java 1.6.0_5.

Going to test this out in a few mins as 5.1.1 is still downloading. How would LMS know which ssh client to use?

Cisco Employee

It knows because you tell it in the campus.properties file I mentioned previously. LMS will use that SSH client. This file is configured on a per-user, per-client basis.

Sorry only now seeing that previous post.

Cisco Employee

I had a typo. The example should read:

CMSSH=C:\\PuTTY\\PuTTY.exe

Cool...I'll give this a go in a bit and let yu know how I get on. The software update failed so had to start it again.

Thanks JC! All is now well.

Loving the service by the way!

Bevan

Views
Helpful
Replies