cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor 720 unable to read configuration

f-cagica
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have an edge router on our backbone (cisco7613 + Sup720). It is running s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SRA3.bin and after some initial configurations i get the message "Unable to get configuration. Try again later." after issuing "wr mem" or "sh run". Still the configuration is saved, but to the "sh run" there is no further reaction. What could be the reason for this?

Thank you in advance

4 Replies 4

f-cagica
Level 1
Level 1

CORRECTION: with "wr mem" the config is not saved.

Hi,

When trying to "wr mem" what is the response. And when "show running-config" what is the output.

Have you been doing password recovery lately ?

HTH,

Mohamme Mahmoud.

hankito
Level 1
Level 1

I replied to your posting on another board I saw this on but I was inclined to think that if you have a 13 slot chassis full up with line cards that you might have to use the service compress-config command...could be wrong but that is my best guess given lack of information.

Hi,

yes, with all the hurry i didn't post enough information. Meanwhile i found out the reason for the error: i have in most of our boxes some event manager lines configured to perform authomatic config saving, something like

event manager applet saveconfig

event syslog pattern "\%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by"

action 1 cli command "enable"

action 2 cli command "write mem"

action 3 cli command "copy run ftp://10.250.10.12/file12.cfg"

action 5 syslog msg "Successfuly saved"

So every time somebody goes out of global configuration the config is automaticaly saved. If by mistake you do wr mem, the system gives an error message because the event manager is using the resources. With the other boxes i have there is no problem. With this box (c7613/sup720/msc3, ios 12.2 SRA3) it is not possible anymore to access the running config for reading purposes.

Anyway thank you guys for the effort on trying to help me.

Fernando