cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for NAT MIB

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

According to the Cisco MIB tool the Cisco 851 with recent Advanced security IOS should support the CISCO-IETF-NAT-MIB. However, a get-next SNMP query on the first oid from this MIB does not return a value form this MIB. Can anyone confirm the 851 supports or does not support this MIB?

If not, is there an other MIB that can be used to manage (retrieve/create/destroy) static NAT translations ?

Regards,

Erik Tamminga

10 Replies 10

phil.davenport
Level 1
Level 1

Please paste your show version so we can see IOS image version. This can then be used to check MIB support.

Thanks,

--Phil

I don't have telnet/console access at the moment, but I'm sure I'm running c851-advsecurity-12.3(8)YI2.

I've already had a look at the Cisco MIB Locator and according to that tool the CISCO-IETF-NAT-MIB should be supported.

Regards,

Erik

What is the OID of the first object you are performing a getnext on?

Hi,

I've tried: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.77 (the MIB first oid) and also several of the tables inside this MIB as well. (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.77.1.1.2 = cnatConfStaticAddrMapTable)

The objects you are polling are not accessible objects

Try polling these to see if you get results:

cnatConfStaticAddrMapType

cnatConfStaticLocalAddrFrom

Hi davistan,

I know the object is not accessible, but a get-next should always work. A get on the oid results in a NoSuchName error.

The same NoSuchName occurs on the cnatConfStaticAddrMaType and cnatConfStaticLocalAddrFrom oids as well. As these oids are columns in a table and thus require a table index, I've tried several but the router keeps returning NoSuchName.

My conclusion to this is that the router doesn't support this MIB! In contrary to what the Cisco MIB tool says. Or should I address the router differently, a community index for example (as with the dot1d MIB).

fyi a getnext on any of the mentioned oids returns the object with id "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.90.1.3.1.0".

Erik

Do you have the other dependacy MIB available that this requires?

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mibName=CISCO-IETF-NAT-MIB#dependencies

IMPORTS

mib-2

FROM SNMPv2-SMI-v1

StorageType, RowStatus

FROM SNMPv2-TC-v1

InterfaceIndex

FROM IF-MIB

SnmpAdminString

FROM SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB

ciscoExperiment

FROM CISCO-SMI

Counter, Gauge, IpAddress, TimeTicks

FROM RFC1155-SMI

OBJECT-TYPE

FROM RFC-1212;

HTH

--Phil

Hi phil,

Yes, but that should not be the problem as I'm coding my own app that works with the compiled oids instead of any names.

Erik

wsaxon
Level 1
Level 1

We got a Cisco 871 a few months ago and I specifically asked for the advanced IP services software upgrade so that I could use this MIB.

If I query for sysORDescr I do see the following response from this router:

SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.37 = STRING:

Agent capabilities for NAT-MIB

LAST-UPDATED 200109100000Z

ciscoIetfNatCapabilityV12R02T AGENT-CAPABILITIES

SUPPORTS CISCO-IETF-NAT-MIB

File name: ios

However, if I query for any of the MIB values with snmpwalk I get a message similar to the following:

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.10.77.1.1.3.1.2 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

Note the above OID is actually .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.77.1.1.3.1.2 and corresponds to cnatConfStaticAddrMapType. I get the same thing if I query for the MIB root (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.77) - I think this means that none of the objects supposedly available are actually available.

I guess this mirrors what you already found last year. I am hoping that you or someone at Cisco has already figured this out and can point me in the right direction.

I am using 12.4(15)T. I have not tested with 12.2 or 12.3. I do see that the NAT mib is not talked about in the 12.4 release notes, so maybe I should downgrade.

dmanzetti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have a Cisco 877 with 12.4(15)T1 Adv IP service with the same problem.

It seems to support the NAT MIB when querying the "sysORDescr.37" but trying to retrieve the # of active nat entries I see only "OID not supported".

Using the MIB Locator tool, the release 12.4(11) seems to be the last one which supports the NAT mibs.

Daniele

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: