Views
Helpful
Replies

Sync Archive issue

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I discovered about 20 devices and then ran a Sync Archive job on those 20 devices by choosing "All devices".

Again later, i added another 15 devices and i assumed that Sync Archive would have taken care of doing a config backup for them as well.

But it was still taking a Sync Archive on the old set of devices? Is this behaviour normal?

Should i go again and create another Sync Archive job on all the 35 devices together?

Or is there a way that i can have a dynamic category of devices on which i can run a Sync Archive job on so that makes things easier if there are

more devices added.

Thanks a lot

Gautam

2 Replies 2

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, missed to add that it LMS version si 3.2 and RME version is 4.3.0

Thanks and Regards

Gautam

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is normal.  By default RME defaults to using device selectors.  If you want to create a job that operates on a dynamic list of devices, you need to use select the "Group Selector" radio button at the top of the device selector.  This will allow you to choose groups of devices rather than static lists of devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco