Views
Helpful
Replies

Sync between DCR, RME, DFM and CM

marcoriosbazan
Level 1
Level 1

hi!

please if you can help me with the LMS 3.1 ...

Device synchronization between the DCR and modules RME, DFM, and CM, has problems, an example follows:

I have a 6513 switch that are seen by the RME with the IP 172.17.4.125 but by the DFM with 172.17.2.209 ..

Below some screenshots

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From what I can tell by these screenshots, both 172.17.4.125 and 172.17.2.209 are in DCR. It sounds like both IP addresses are configured on the same device. If you want LMS to be managing the device by 172.17.4.125, delete the other device from DCR.

Then, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import, and choose the desired allocation method. Make sure the 172.17.4.125 device is being managed by DFM.

both IP addresses do not appear in DCR, that is why none of them appears in the Device Import..

in the screenshot you can see that the switches 6513 are aliases but I can not remove .. because the RME module is correctly recognizing as 172.17.4.125..

sorry.. my english is horrible..

and thanks..

Sorry, I missed this reply. Is this server integrated with ACS?

Hi Clarke,

I am not able to see any device in the DFM, whether as I am able to see devices in RME,CS & CM.

can you help me?

You need to start a new thread for your issue.

From where I can start new threads??please help ...

Just start a new post from the Network Management main page.

hi joe..

how can i solve this problem?

DFM aliases... This does not happen in RME

take a look..

You have not answered my question about ACS integration.

sorry, had seen that question .. the answer is yes is integrated ..

CiscoSecure ACS

Release 4.0(1) Build 49

Okay. That's what I thought. Try temporarily disabling ACS integration. Then log in to LMS, and clean up unwanted devices from DCR. You should also be able to see your aliases at this time, so you can clean them up as well.

When DCR and your apps look okay, then re-enable ACS integration, and you should be set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: