Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

syslog purge

the last 2 weeks my syslog records default purge job failed. I got error log "[ Wed Sep 17 10:28:26 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[main],Drop table failed:ASA Error -210: User 'DBA' has the row in 'SYSLOG_20080722' locked 8405 42W18

[ Wed Sep 17 10:28:27 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[main],Failed to purge syslogs

[ Wed Sep 17 10:28:27 PDT 2008 ],ERROR,[main],Purge not successful. there is no duplicate job, and I don't know why it's lock. the rmeng.db size is close to 2gb. is that cause a problem. restarting dmgtd can help? thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: syslog purge

Something was holding a lock on this table. Since this table is from August, that lock is most likely stale. If there are no other syslog purge jobs scheduled or running, SyslogAnalyzer is a likely suspect. A restart of the SyslogAnalyzer alone may free this lock up. However, if it is Tomcat holding it, then you would need to restart dmgtd.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Something was holding a lock on this table. Since this table is from August, that lock is most likely stale. If there are no other syslog purge jobs scheduled or running, SyslogAnalyzer is a likely suspect. A restart of the SyslogAnalyzer alone may free this lock up. However, if it is Tomcat holding it, then you would need to restart dmgtd.

thank you J. stop and restart SyslogAnalyzer solve the problem. appreciated your help!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content