cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Report Problem

jwylie
Level 1
Level 1

Question on why this would occur. I turned off filtering of severity 7 msgs. After that I no longer got any Syslog msg's in a 24 hour syslog report.

I checked the Syslog log file and found it was still collecting all syslog msgs.

I turned on the filtering of Severity 7 msgs filter and now I am seeing syslog msg's in the 24 hour report.

My question is why would this prevent ALL msg's from showing up in the report? Also, why when I turn off the filter and run the 24 hour report why doesn't it pull up ALL the msg's, just pulls up the newest ones since I made the change. On a sidenote I have it set to keep filtered msgs and not drop them, so they're still in the log file.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can you revert in which router model you have tried this ?

I suspect that you have disabled the whole logging sent to the server while turning off the severity msgs.

Can you confirm the series of CLIs which you have tried for turning on and turning off...

regds

I'm sorry I forgot to specify this was for CiscoWorks LMS 2.5.

All my devices are sending proper Syslog msgs to the server. The problem is running a query within the RME module and having it show up blank. (Even though I can manually parse through the .log file and see msgs).

prenaultbis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have had similar problem with Keep choice.

I suppose who are in RME > tools > Syslog > Message Filter with LMS 2.5

First consider what choice who have made Drop or Keep

Keep:

Only SYSLOG with filter enable are keep and you can do report with them.

if you disable all filter all SYSLOG are keep on you can use them for report

Drop

Now if you chose DROP perhups if you disable all filter all SYSLOG are drop. If you enable one and more filter only those you are choice are drop

others are keep and can be use for report

By.

Philippe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: