Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Reports not collect Syslog.log file Messages

I am doing a installation on CiscoWorks 3.2. after two three weeks I found my syslog services is not working properly. Once I checked on the syslog.log its updated with the device logs as normal. But when I am going to generate report it’s not collect data from the syslog log file. I have notice my syslog analyzer and syslog collator processes are shown as = Program started - No mgt msgs received. Is this normal on the LMS serve?

Anyway I found following error massagers on the SyslogAnalyzer.log file.

cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: CTMRegistryClient::addNewURNEntry URN : SyslogAnalyzerService ErrMsg : URN already in use

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.CTMServer.publish(CTMServer.java:253)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.CTMServer.publish(CTMServer.java:180)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.sa.SyslogAnalyzerEngine.registerWithCtm(SyslogAnalyzerEngine.java:2267)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.sa.SyslogAnalyzerEngine.start(SyslogAnalyzerEngine.java:2189)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.sa.SyslogAnalyzerService.main(SyslogAnalyzerService.java:109)

please I need your expertise knowledge to sort out this problem.

Thank you,

Chandimal.k

+94777420771

2 Replies 2

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Errors Found:

SyslogCollector - [Thread: main] WARN , 15 Dec 2011 14:33:46,505, Unable to resurrect connection to a subscriber.

URN : SyslogAnalyzerService ErrMsg : URN already in use

Try deleting the ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup files and regenerat your SSL certificate and then resubscribed to the syslog collector.

1. net stop crmdmgtd

2. delete all the server.* files in ../CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/conf/SSL

3. Open a dos shell and cd to:

../CSCOpx/MDC/Apache, and run: perl ConfigSSL.pl -disable and then again perl ConfigSSL.pl -enable

You will see now a lot of questions, please make sure that you enter correctly the question of FQDN!

4. if you don't want to use SSL, run again: perl ConfigSSL.pl -disable

If you use SSL please don't do anything.

5. net start crmdmgtd

Then wait fifteen minutes for all the LMS services to come up before testing.

Thanks

hi,

Thank you for your reply. but i didnt work.  Then i restore the LMS server again.

but anyway thank you for your support.

after i reinstalled the new server, now in that server SMTP setting cat set. its gives "Invalid IP address or server name for mail server. Please enter a valid SMTP server name or leave the 'SMTP Server' field blank."

Why is that sir?

Chadnimal.K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: