cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog trap.

blue4cisco
Level 1
Level 1

i have downloaded kiwi syslog windows daemon. now how do i configure my 2851 router to send(syslog) message to it ? plz. give me deatils of commands.

thanx

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sunil

The command to use is logging

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi i did all as u suggest , but on message has been registred on my kiwi server, is thr issue of time syc. issue between devices ?

Sunil

While it would be good to sync time between the router and the kiwi server, I doubt that the time mismatch is causing this issue.

Probably the first thing that I would do is to verify IP connectivity between the devices. On the router can you ping the address that you configured as the kiwi server - and verify that what is configured is the correct address for the server? (If you have configured logging source-interface then do an extended ping to the kiwi server and specify the source address of the ping to be what you have configured as the source address for logging).

If the ping is successful then we would need to look at something else as the cause. It would be helpful if you would do the show log command and post the output of the first group of lines which show how logging has been set up.

It might also be helpful if you would do "show run | include log" and post that output.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco