Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Sysloging

We currently have Cisco 3750's running Version 12.2(25)SED1. I have sysloging enabled to a specific syslog server.

If I receive a syslog alert from a specific switch and try to verify this by jumping onto the switch and checking for errors I dont see anything in the logs. I have tried to enable logging buffered level 7 but this does not show anything in the logs. I was rebooting a device that is connected to the switch. Surely it should an entry for the interface going down to a device if it was rebooted ?

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Sysloging

You need the following per-interface config, in order to get syslog entry for interfaces going up/down:

logging event link-status

But, are you saying you find link status syslogs on the syslog server, yet not in the switch's logging buffer? Do you have the following configured?

! sends syslog to the switch logging buffer

logging buffered #### debugging

! sends syslog to pne or more syslog server(s)

logging trap debugging

logging 10.xx.xx.xx

Mistrvi,

I was right were you are, yesterday. Simply use the command "logging event link-status default"

Thank you !

Views
Helpful
Replies