cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sysname

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

how I can delete sysname from lms. I have 2 device showing as duplicate sys name. this both devices showing one anther ip address. I have deleted and added again still the problem is there. those devices also not show up on topology services.when I did snmp walk using sysname oid got error "Failed to snmpwalk the device. Please check your community string and starting OID, and try again.

any help...apperciated.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The object name is sysName. Case is important.

If two devices have the same sysName, then Campus cannot manage them correctly. The sysName for IOS devices is built from the hostname and the ip domain-name. So check these two devices to see if they have the same values for those two properties.

One thing that was discussed recently on this topic was NAT. If the devices are behind a NAT device, then Campus will produce bogus Duplicate SysName discrepancies. There is no workaround for that scenario.

thanks J. there are no device behind nat. I have checked all entry related to these devices.

even I have even delted one of the device showing as duplicate.and keep only one of the device. so the duplicate alert gone from discrepancy, even though still not showing on topology services, I have run data collection 2 times. on device center, this switch didn't show cdp neighbor.

What version of Campus Manager?

CM 4.0.11, additional this device not show up on topology services also didn't show cdp neighbor on device center, but when I telnet the device and run sh cdp neighbor showing it's neighbor. thanks

The device won't show CDP neighbors if Campus is not managing it. Check to make sure any Data Collection filters are not filtering this device out, then run a new Data Collection. Scan the ani.log for any errors relating to this device's IP or hostname.

no filter on data collection,no error on ani.log. one thing I have notice, when I go to this device neighbor switch on device center and run it the cdp neighbor showing the trouble scwitch as neighbor but showing it's IP address not the device/host name like other.

Again, this is due to the fact that Campus is not managing this device yet. If you don't see any errors in the ani.log, you'll have to turn up core, corex, framework, and frontend debugging, then redo the Data Collection.

thank J. i have one more question. actually the ani.log is showing old information looks like almost 2 years old, it that something wrong. the location is var/adm/Cscopx/log/ani.log isn't this the right location. or some where else.

This is the default location, but the log may have been changed under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options.

j. you right it was on different place, I have attached the error related to this device.

thank you so much for your help!!!

These don't point a problem managing the device. In fact, they indicate that Campus is able to communicate with it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: