Views
Helpful
Replies

System Inventory Failed

naive.naive
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Half of my monitored devices failed this process, which include GSR and some Cisco7609..

I'm out of idea what may caused this, because some of the CIsco7609 are collected successfully.

Thanks in advance..

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error do you get trying to collect the inventory? What errors are seen in the IC_Server.log?

kindly find the attached for the IC log..

I see two exceptions in here that point to problems with the CISCO-FLASH-MIB on 172.18.255.46 and 172.18.255.42. I'm not sure what these devices are or what software version they are running, but you may be able to workaround this problem by increasing the SNMP timeout under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Edit Device Attributes. Try going to 10 seconds first, and keep steadily increasing it until inventory collection succeeds.

those are GSR, and yes, I've increased the timeout to 20, but it still failed..anything else ??

can you do me a favor, please remove the IP address..

If the information in this log is security-sensitive, you should not have posted it. I will request this thread be removed from the forum, but you will now need to work your issue with TAC.

so sorry, i did not mean that the information is sensitive.

go back to the problem, is there anything else can be amend, other than the snmp timeouts?

Keep increasing the timeout. Try 60 seconds. If that does not work, try 90.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco