Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

TacacsPrompts.ini syntax in RME 4.0.4

We have a set of devices that config collection fails on due to the RME cannot enter enable mode. These devices have an odd password prompt so I assume I need to edit the TacacsPrompts.ini file.

I've tried adding the prompt "as is" but it still does not work (I have restarted crmdmgtd).

Are there any characters with special meaning in the file? The prompt contains both single quotes and spaces...

Can I use some kind of regular expression? Does RME strip whitespace next to the commas? I'd love to see a fairly strict definition of the syntax.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: TacacsPrompts.ini syntax in RME 4.0.4

A restart of dmgtd is NOT required to add new prompts. I specifically did not want to make that a requirement. The only character with any significance is the ',' (comma). However, there is a bug in prompt handing where prompts that end in a space cannot be the last prompt on a line. So, if your prompt ends with a space, add a comma after it. For example:

PASSWORD_PROMPT=My Prompt: ,

The prompts must be exact matches. Regular expressions or globs are not supported. RME SHOULD strip leading and trailing whitespace, but due to the aforementioned bug, that does not consistently happen. Suffice it to say, the matching occurs as a literal ASCII string comparison.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

A restart of dmgtd is NOT required to add new prompts. I specifically did not want to make that a requirement. The only character with any significance is the ',' (comma). However, there is a bug in prompt handing where prompts that end in a space cannot be the last prompt on a line. So, if your prompt ends with a space, add a comma after it. For example:

PASSWORD_PROMPT=My Prompt: ,

The prompts must be exact matches. Regular expressions or globs are not supported. RME SHOULD strip leading and trailing whitespace, but due to the aforementioned bug, that does not consistently happen. Suffice it to say, the matching occurs as a literal ASCII string comparison.

Community Member

Many thanks, my issue is resolved (another 400 configs is in the CW box) :-)

Also, thanks for not making the dmgtd restart a requirement ... that makes my life a lot easier!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content