Views
Helpful
Replies

tcl and vty issue

fredericg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to write a small tcl script that intends to send several pings and to check their results.

I am doing very basic tests and running into trouble.

So I am using a Cisco 1812 running IOS version 15.1(2)T1 and here are the tcl lines (similar to several examples in blogs):

set pingOut [exec "ping 192.168.4.1"]

puts stdout "*** $pingOut ***"

The weird thing is that it works first and I get something like

#puts stdout "*** $pingOut ***"

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.4.1, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/1/4 ms ***

but then after running the same code a few times I only get the following:

#puts stdout "*** $pingOut ***"

Now if I reboot the router or add new vty's it works again. Though, "clear line" doesn't solve the issue. Also I would like to be able to run this bit of code several times without the need to do any manual cleaning. Any idea if I am missing something or if there is a bug in relation to this behaviour?

Thanks and regards,

Frederic

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is CSCtg89622.  It only affects 15.1(2)T, and will be fixed in the next 15.1T release.  The only workaround is to downgrade to 15.1(1)T for the time being.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is CSCtg89622.  It only affects 15.1(2)T, and will be fixed in the next 15.1T release.  The only workaround is to downgrade to 15.1(1)T for the time being.

Hi Joseph

I downgraded to 15.1(1)T and I don't get the issue anymore. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Frederic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: