Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL Script on interface down

Hello,

I was reffered to this discussion board by cisco support. We are troubleshooting an issue with cisco 7609 and need to create TCL script that does the following.

Tracks interface status and on down state executes 'show log' , 'show tech' ..... all the output needs to be saved into a file

In additon show commands needs to be executed from SIP-200 card ('attach 4' is the command to get there)

I created EEM applet but it turned out that to get to SIP-200 card TCL script is required.

Thanks

22 Replies 22

But attach works?  What type of module is this?

That is SIP -200, model# SPA-4XCT3/DS0

Yes, attach 4 works, though after executing attach 4 command system gives the following prompt:

7600rtr#attach 4
Entering CONSOLE for slot 4
Type "^C^C^C" to end this session

And carriage return is expected. From there 'enable' command is required to get to the privilege mode on module 4

Thank you,

I didn't have a SIP-200, but I adapted my policy to work with "attach" on a SIP-600.  Give this version a shot.

Interesting, I ran it few times but never got output on show commands from module 4. Attached is TCL debug,it looks like correct commands are executed but there is no ouptut. Any ideas?

Thanks,

I think I needed to do a "term len 0" on the SIP module.  I don't have my test SIP handy at the moment to confirm, but try this version, and see if it works.

Great. That worked just perfect. The only problem is, it takes too long to execute all those commands. Interface stays down till all the commands are done and service-policy is removed.

Would it be possible to run all the module commands at once, pause for 15 sec and run them again(5 times), as suppose to pausing 15 sec after each command. That should save us a lot of time. Sorry should have though about this before.

Thanks

This version should do what you want.

Great. Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: