cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL script to monitor BGP Neighbor or 0.0.0.0 to call EEM event

alesyshyn
Level 1
Level 1

We were trying to use EEM 2.2 to monitor 4 BGP neighbors and if they all went down to remove eigrp from the configuration. Apparently this type of monitor is not available using EEM so it was suggested that TCL would be able to do this. Currently this would be for a 7200VXR running 12.4.24T1 but may need to be able to be ported to the ASR 1000 series if this makes any difference. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Adam

23 Replies 23

I think the previous errors caused the context to enter a state which was never intended. This version should adapt to those problems.

We are not seeing any errors however the EIGRP removal doesn't appear to be called. I am attaching the term mon as I remove the peers as well as a more of the current file on flash.

unfortunately this is at a remote site and due to security I have to have the flash swapped to an inside router and I have no one available for tonight.

Please let me know if there is any other information or if there is something that we are doing wrong.

Again thanks!

Here's a debug version to try.

I was able to do some testing of my own, and I found some other bugs. This version was working well in my lab.

Great thank you. I was out of the office today so I have not been able to test. I will test the new file in the morning and post the results.

Thanks again.

getting a can' read bgp_neighbor_eigrp_as : no such varible. Attaching log file.

Thanks!

Grrr, I posted the wrong version. Here you go.

I think that works! I had couple of environment issues that I had to find on the rewriting of EIGRP. Let me do a little more test and I will let you know shortly.

Thank you so much for all the time you have put into this!

Success!I can't thank you enough for your time and patience, they are greatly appreciated.