cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TELNET AND RELOAD FROM LMS 3.0

arifbhuiyan
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco LMS 3.0.From the devicee centre,how can i reboot a switch and when i click on the telnet link , it fails as well ?

Any idea how can i reboot a switch from LMS 3.0 and what configuration you need to do to telnet to it from the device cetre ?Is there any way you can clear the telnet session from the device centre ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for telnet to work from Device Center, you need to have a telnet:// URL handler installed in your client's browser. On Windows, IE typically launches telnet.exe.

To reload a device, create a Reload Netconfig job under RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig. Just select your device or devices, then select Reload from the task list.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for telnet to work from Device Center, you need to have a telnet:// URL handler installed in your client's browser. On Windows, IE typically launches telnet.exe.

To reload a device, create a Reload Netconfig job under RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig. Just select your device or devices, then select Reload from the task list.

Both solutions worked.

Legendary

Well Done.

Thanks

Arif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: