cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP boot directory on Ciscoworks LMS 2.6

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

For Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 (Windows), should the TFTP boot directory be empty?

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\tftpboot

Looking through the directory, I noted alot of old configuration files in there.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically, the directory should be empty unless software or config jobs are running, or someone is using the directory for other purposes. Occasionally, crashed jobs can leave leftover files in tftpboot. Some of these may even be non-zero length. If you know there are no active jobs running, files named DATE-DEVICE.cfg (e.g. 20060205142402101-14.32.12.25.cfg) can be safely deleted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically, the directory should be empty unless software or config jobs are running, or someone is using the directory for other purposes. Occasionally, crashed jobs can leave leftover files in tftpboot. Some of these may even be non-zero length. If you know there are no active jobs running, files named DATE-DEVICE.cfg (e.g. 20060205142402101-14.32.12.25.cfg) can be safely deleted.

Thanks! I think all the files have that notation so I'll be removing alot of cruft.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: