Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TFTP Partial Transfer before failure and then session dying on IOS upgrading

I am attempting to upgrade the IOS on all of my Cisco 3560 switches at remote sites.  I am having issues performing this transfer remotely.  So I am using a management server located at our datacenter as the TFTP source.  I have installed both TFTPD32 and Solarwinds and recieved the same results.  TFTP begins the transfer, gets a significant way through, then pauses and the putty session dies.  The transfer works fine if I have a device on the same subnet of the switch I'm upgrading, but we don't always have that resource available to us and our sites don't have local IT.  I also tried WinSCP but I don't think these switches support SCP (I'm not sure though) I would like to have a consistent and stable method to remotely transfer IOS files to my routers and switches.  Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES

I would use SCP. We have the

I would use SCP. We have the same problem on occasion.

Something like this command wise -

copy  scp://username:password@192.168.1.250/filename flash:filename

Solarwinds SFTP/SCP server http://www.solarwinds.com/products/freetools/free_tftp_server.aspx

Cisco Employee

Why not to try a management

Why not to try a management software- such as a free one from cisco - Cisco Network Assistant, which has a simple drag and drop upgrade feature.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Views
Helpful
Replies