cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Partial Transfer before failure and then session dying on IOS upgrading

Paul Saddy
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to upgrade the IOS on all of my Cisco 3560 switches at remote sites.  I am having issues performing this transfer remotely.  So I am using a management server located at our datacenter as the TFTP source.  I have installed both TFTPD32 and Solarwinds and recieved the same results.  TFTP begins the transfer, gets a significant way through, then pauses and the putty session dies.  The transfer works fine if I have a device on the same subnet of the switch I'm upgrading, but we don't always have that resource available to us and our sites don't have local IT.  I also tried WinSCP but I don't think these switches support SCP (I'm not sure though) I would like to have a consistent and stable method to remotely transfer IOS files to my routers and switches.  Any thoughts?

2 Replies 2

steven.williams
Level 1
Level 1

I would use SCP. We have the same problem on occasion.

Something like this command wise -

copy  scp://username:password@192.168.1.250/filename flash:filename

Solarwinds SFTP/SCP server http://www.solarwinds.com/products/freetools/free_tftp_server.aspx

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why not to try a management software- such as a free one from cisco - Cisco Network Assistant, which has a simple drag and drop upgrade feature.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: