Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

thresholds Customizable Interface Groups DFM 2.0 service pack 2

Hi,

I am trying to apply different interface utilization thresholds based on the maxspeed variable, for example:

If maxspeed is 50000, threshold must be 50%

If maxspeed is 30000, threshold must be 30%

I have created two Customizable Interface Groups:

the first has the following regex:

:DFM:VASA:DFMObject:Interfaces.MaxSpeed equals "50000"

the second hat the following regex:

:DFM:VASA:DFMObject:Interfaces.MaxSpeed equals "30000"

Then I have changed the default threshold parameters for the mentioned groups. Still, the alerts that are generated are showing the default threshold, aka 40%.

I have verified that the settings are correctly applied in the thresholds configuration. I think the problem is that DFM is not matching the interfaces with the maxspeed described. Nevertheless, DFM correctly reads the value via SNMP from the devices, as in the event details I can see that maxspeed is 50000 and 30000.

Do you have any idea why the groups and/or thresholds are not working correctly, keeping in mind that all interface values are read as they should be from the devices?

Do I have to restart the server?

Thanks in advance,

Mladen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: thresholds Customizable Interface Groups DFM 2.0 service pac

First, any changes you make to threshold configuration must be applied. Make sure you've gone to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Threshold > Apply Changes.

Next, once changes are applied, go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Setting Priorities, and make sure your customized groups are at the top of the group list. Apply Changes again.

Now, go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds, select your group, and click View. In the resulting window, click "View Interfaces". This will tell you if you have any matches.

If matches exist, then your threshold settings should now be in effect. If you still see a problem, please post a sample event which should not be generated with the new settings.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

First, any changes you make to threshold configuration must be applied. Make sure you've gone to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Threshold > Apply Changes.

Next, once changes are applied, go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Setting Priorities, and make sure your customized groups are at the top of the group list. Apply Changes again.

Now, go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds, select your group, and click View. In the resulting window, click "View Interfaces". This will tell you if you have any matches.

If matches exist, then your threshold settings should now be in effect. If you still see a problem, please post a sample event which should not be generated with the new settings.

Community Member

Thanks, this is really helpful!

The one think I did not do is the priority for the groups.

Now I see that the interfaces are matched.

Regards,

Mladen

Community Member

Hi,

One more think to ask:

There are 7 interface groups 1,2,3,4,A,B,C

I have tested groups 1 and 2. Different thresholds are OK.

I have tested group A. Thresholds are OK.

What does mean "Use to troubleshoot a single device (but can contain more than one device)" in the restriction of the A,B,C groups?

I just want to have 7 groups of interfaces (or more, if possible, but tunnel interfaces) with different thresholds.

Regards,

Mladen

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content